We are in Peru. Arequipa is the starting point of our Peruvian journey. The first sight of this city is very pleasant. Buildings are very pretty with old European architecture. They used the special volcanic stones to build houses and churches. So many of the buildings are white and cute. The food and accommodations prices are not too expensive. You can see many young European travellers on the streets. We stayed in Arequipa for 10 days. The reasons we stayed here for a long time are not only we liked this city but we both were sick from flu. On top of that Mark had an injury from his exciting downhill Mt. Bike tour.
- Free city walking tour – visit many historic buildings at once with good explanations
- Try Picanteria -Cuy, Chicha, Alpaca meat and so on
- Having fresh fruit juice from Mercado Central
- Walk to Yanahuara viewpoint
- A day trip to Molino de Sabandia – Take minibuses with local people
- Downhill Mt. Bike from Mt Chachani
- Colca Canyon Tours